Eyes of Stone
- Nomination for the Documentary Award, Hawaii International Film Festival, 1992.
- Basil Wright Prize, Royal Anthropological Institute Film Festival, Manchester, 1992.
- Rajat Kamal, President's Award for the Best Film on Social Issues, India, 1992.
- Golden Conch, Best Feature Documentary, Bombay International Documentary Film Festival, 1992.
- Uppsala Filmkaja, Best Documentary Film, Uppsala International Film Festival, 1991.
Citation: "The jury awards the prize for best documentary to Eyes of Stone. The film is an intimate meeting with human fate that awakens deep thoughts and gives us new knowledge. The filmmaker’s familiarity with the environment and the people depicted is reflected in a notable way in the film and in the sensitive photography." (Cecelia Lindberg, Secretary of the Jury; Kjell Jerselius, Chairman of the Board)
- Mention Spéciale, Prix des Bibliothèques, Cinéma du Reel, Paris, 1990.
- Prix Alcan du Jury, Best Documentary Film at the Montreal International Festival of Films and Videos by Women, 1990.
Citation: "The Jury confers the Alcan Prize for best documentary film on the following criteria:
- for the subject: the portrait of a woman who through a ritual of possession, expresses the rebellion of an individual within a repressive patriarchal system and highlights the universality of the feminine condition;
- for its personal point of view, the sharpness of its observation and the sensitivity of its rapport between the filmmaker and the people in her film;
- for the quality of the editing that conveys the narrative and transforms the elements of reality into a story of suffering and liberation.
The prize is awarded to NILITA VACHANI for the film Eyes of Stone." (Micheline Créteur, Tete Moraes, Sylvie Groulx, Members of Jury)